Head of Marketing
Come and reinvent education.
We're looking for an intelligent, data-driven creative to lead and optimise our marketing function. Reaching and onboarding customers is pivotal to our success. You’ll be laying the foundations for how we do this at scale.ABOUT US
At Up Learn, we guarantee students academic success or their money back. Up Learn provides the entire curriculum learning component of education, and if we’re successful we’ll eliminate the need for exams and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot.
We’ve now raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
You are highly creative and data-driven. You often understand people better than they understand themselves. You want to market something that makes a huge positive impact on people's lives, and will make it your mission to reach as many people that we can help as possible.
You're comfortable leading Up Learn’s marketing on all fronts: brand, online, offline, managing agencies and in-house team members, strategy and execution. With a sixth-sense for efficiency, you’ll relentlessly optimise our customer acquisition spend and strategy.
We are building the most advanced education technology company in the world, pushing the frontiers of effective education, and having a tangible impact on thousands of young people.
If that excites you, we can’t wait to meet.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS
- Own Up Learn’s customer acquisition, increasing and optimising it working directly under the CEO
- Conceive, test and optimise dozens of marketing experiments
- Work with the product, design and content teams to craft a delightful and effective onboarding experience for customers
- Manage and optimise an ever-increasing customer acquisition budget
- Build a scalable marketing function in the company
- Create and manage the Up Learn brand, positioning and communications
You should have:
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken
- Years of experience with digital marketing
- Experience building digital campaigns from scratch
- Experience writing copy that sells
- Strong knowledge of analytics platforms e.g. Google Analytics
- Experience with PPC and paid social
- Technical SEO and content knowledge
- Experience improving conversion rates
- Highly competitive salary, plus equity share options
- A fun, friendly, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup that's scaling
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, unlimited holidays (minimum 31 days)
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Send us your CV & tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]
Our hiring process:
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone or video call to learn more about you, your goals and experience. You'll also be able to ask questions about Up Learn and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.