Our schools are broken. Students are taught to pass exams rather than to learn, whilst exam success and students’ futures are determined by where they went to school rather than how hard they work.
At Up Learn, we are building the most advanced education-technology company in the world. We use AI and cognitive science to ensure that every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential. Our aspirations are to eliminate the need for exams, and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016, our A-Level courses have achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with many students starting from grades as low as Ds, Es and even Us). For every student that pays, we offer a course free to a student who can’t and, to-date, have guaranteed thousands of students the highest grades (or their money back) and a brighter future.
We’ve raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors and are scaling rapidly. We are pushing the frontiers of effective education, having a tangible impact on thousands of young people and, if that excites you, we can’t wait for you to join us on this incredible journey.
We are looking for an intelligent, data-driven individual to play a pivotal role in the growth of our company. Reaching and on-boarding customers is crucial to our success and you’ll be helping to lay the foundations for how we do this at scale. This role will be highly entrepreneurial - you should be comfortable dealing with uncertainty, but will be rewarded with accelerated responsibility, learning and growth potential.
What you can expect to do:
- Take ownership of aspects of Up Learn’s customer acquisition
- Build quantitative models that will enable us to make data-driven decisions
- Work cross-functionally with our Customer Experience and Technical teams to conceive marketing experiments, test hypotheses and improve performance
- Develop and grow into a vital part of Up Learn’s core team, taking on additional responsibility as the company grows
- Assist in the scaling of a world-class marketing function in the company
- An outstanding academic track record (degree holder from a leading university)
- 1+ years of relevant full-time work experience (consulting, leading agency, start-up or corporate)
- Experience building quantitative models and using data to make informed decisions
- A positive, can-do attitude and a team-first mentality
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing digital campaigns (paid social, display, SEM) and growing the presence of businesses
- SEO knowledge and an ability to write copy that sells
- Coding experience/an ability to automate tasks (e.g., using Zapier) to help us build efficient, scalable system
- Competitive salary (£30-35k, depending on experience), plus equity share options
- A fun, friendly and high-calibre team inside a well-funded, VC-backed startup that's scaling - fast
- The trust and freedom to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Investment in your future, and personal development
- Flexible working, flexible holidays (minimum 31 days), regular team socials, activities and away days
- Well-stocked company food cupboards, library (we love to learn!) and book club