Freelance Junior Digital Copywriter
Come and reinvent education.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to work within our Marketing team producing engaging content for our audience. Work will be done on a freelance basis, and no previous professional Marketing experience is required.
At Up Learn, we are building the most advanced education-technology company in the world. We use AI and cognitive science to ensure that every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential. Our aspirations are to reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016, our A-Level courses have achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with many students starting from grades as low as Ds, Es and even Us). For every student that pays, we offer a 100% scholarship to a student who can’t and, to-date, have guaranteed thousands of students the highest grades (or their money back) and a brighter future.
We’ve raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors and are scaling rapidly. We are pushing the frontiers of effective education, having a tangible impact on thousands of young people and, if that excites you, we can’t wait for you to join us on this incredible journey.
This job is freelance, part-time/full-time and optionally remote - you can either join us in our office in Old Street, work from home, or work from somewhere exotic like Bali 🌴 (if that's your vibe). It has scope to be a great part-time job for someone studying, or who needs flexibility.
As a digital copywriter you'll produce much of our written content - webpages, advertisements, blogs and social media posts. Your responsibility will be to engage the reader and motivate them to find out more about Up Learn.
- An outstanding academic track record - you are either studying for your degree (in a relevant qualitative subject such as English, History, Languages, etc) at a leading university or are about to graduate
- An interest in improving the educational experiences of thousands of students across the country
- Extremely high standards for attention to detail, and an ability to quality-control your own work
- The ability to manage your own time, and ensure that work is completed by agreed deadlines
- Proficiency in using systems such as Google Sheets and Google Docs, and in keeping files organised and easily accessible
- Must have a minimum of 16 hours per week available
- Competitive pay
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- A fun, world-class team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to work your own hours
- The freedom to work wherever you want - in our office in Old Street, at home, or somewhere exotic like Bali 🌴
To apply, send us your CV, and a no-nonsense, no-waffle bullet point cover letter. Tell us why you’re applying and why you.