Up Learn Paid Internship
Our schools are stuck. Teachers are forced to sacrifice real education for exam preparation, while students are left overworked and disappointed with their results.
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. Our mission is to provide the world's most effective learning experience, and in doing so, help every student fulfil their potential.
Last year, 100% of the students who completed our course in A Level Economics achieved A or A* grades, with some starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us.
We’ve now raised two and a half million pounds to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to 2 million new students every year.
You will be joining our world-class content team to help produce Up Learn educational videos. You’ll be given full responsibility for delivering projects that matter. As a Content Developer Intern, you’ll play a crucial role in producing our videos, developing and refining our quizzes, and ensuring the highest level of quality across our courses. We will help you develop all the skills that you need, and you will gain lasting and transferable video production, business and team-working skills and experience. Given the startup nature of the business, you’ll see first-hand the impact your work has.
There is also the opportunity to work on other projects such as marketing and business development in addition to the content related projects.
All internships are paid, and there is an opportunity for all interns to become full-time team members at the end of the internship.
- Strong academic track record (in whichever subjects you have studied)
- Strong interest in education
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven, ambitious and hungry to learn
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- [Added bonus: familiar with design software like Adobe Illustrator]
- Full-time availability
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing
- Develop creative, communication, design, academic, business and team-working skills
- Work with exceptional teachers and tutors and a professional production team to bring your content to life
- Work in a fast-paced environment with an exceptional team (including co-founders Guy Riese and Andrew Mitson, who were both included in Forbes 30 under 30 Europe, and ex Teach First Director Kristopher Boulton)
- Length: 12 weeks (longer term available if interested)
- Pay: £1,200 per month (pro-rata)
- Location: Our AWESOME new office in Shoreditch (London)
- Start date: December 2018 / January 2019
- Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. When all positions are filled, applications will be closed.
Apply by clicking the button below to submit your CV and a no-nonsense, no-waffle bullet point cover letter. Tell us why you’re applying and why you. Please note your application may not be considered without the short cover letter.