Come and reinvent education.
Our schools are broken. Students are taught to pass exams rather than to learn, whilst exam success and students’ futures are determined by where they went to school rather than how hard they work.
At Up Learn, we are building the most advanced education-technology company in the world. We use AI and cognitive science to ensure that every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential. Our aspirations are to eliminate the need for exams, and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016, our A-Level courses have achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with many students starting from grades as low as Ds, Es and even Us). For every student that pays, we offer a course free to a student who can’t and, to-date, have guaranteed thousands of students the highest grades (or their money back) and a brighter future.
We’ve raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors and are scaling rapidly. We are pushing the frontiers of effective education, having a tangible impact on thousands of young people and, if that excites you, we can’t wait for you to join us on this incredible journey.
We are looking for an intelligent, highly creative yet data-driven individual to play a pivotal role in the growth of our company. Reaching and on-boarding customers is crucial to our success and you’ll be helping to lay the foundations for how we do this at scale. This role will be highly entrepreneurial - you should be comfortable dealing with uncertainty, but will be rewarded with accelerated responsibility, learning and growth potential.
Our company culture is extremely supportive - we help each other, we respect each other and we are passionate about what we do. You’ll need to live and breathe our values (i.e., be awesome and fun to work with!).
What you can expect to do:
- Taking ownership of the B2B school sales pipeline, reporting into the Head of Business Development
- Closing deals with schools between <£4K every single week
- Represent Up Learn at conferences, trade shows and meetings across the country
- Meet and exceed all monthly and quarterly sales quotas
- Develop and grow into a vital part of Up Learn’s core team, taking on additional responsibility as the company grows
- Assist in the scaling of (and become an integral part of) a world-class marketing function in the company
- At least 2 years of experience in selling to schools
- A professional network of teachers and school senior leadership
- A fundamental knowledge of the UK education system and a passion for education
- Skills also include up-selling, cross-selling and account management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organisational, and operational skills.
- Salary: £30K base, uncapped commission > £50K OTE + equity share options
- A fun, friendly, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup that's scaling
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, unlimited holidays (minimum 31 days)
Our hiring process:
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone or video call to learn more about you, your goals and experience. You'll also be able to ask questions about Up Learn and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team