Head of Customer Experience
Come and reinvent education.
We’re looking for a highly empathic individual who is naturally curious about people to lead our customers to success by owning our customer experience/service function and all interactions with students and schools.
At Up Learn, we guarantee students academic success or their money back. Up Learn provides the entire curriculum learning component of education, and if we’re successful we’ll eliminate the need for exams and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot.
We’ve now raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS
- You’ll lead customer service, responding directly to student (our main customer), parent, and school queries
- You’ll design and implement a scalable customer service strategy, enabling us to deliver service that blows people away, consistently, at scale
- You’ll set and exceed targets around customer service response time and quality
- You’ll spend time with customers to research how they use our product and it how it can be improved
- You’ll synthesize customer feedback and work with internal teams to respond to customer needs
- You’ll help customers receive value from Up Learn as quickly as possible by iteratively improving their initial experience
- You’ll drive additional value for customers by encouraging deeper adoption and engagement
- You’ll contribute to revenue generation through renewals, upsells, and expansions
- You'll inspire customers to become ambassadors and evangelists for Up Learn
You constantly put yourselves in other people's shoes (figuratively) to understand how they feel and think, and interact with them in the best possible way. You enjoy communicating with people through any medium (including text/email). You have meticulous attention to detail and a hunger to learn how you can deliver the best possible customer experience.
You want to be on the front line, interacting directly with the customers we serve to ensure we can deliver the biggest possible positive impact on their lives. You also care about systematising, efficiency and leveraging yourself: using tools, technology and people to create a repeatable and consistently exceptional experience for our customers.
The Head of Customer Experience at Up Learn will play an irreplaceable role in our success as a company, representing our customer internally to ensure that we deliver a world-class level of service at scale.
We are building the most advanced education technology company in the world, pushing the frontiers of effective education, and having a tangible impact on thousands of young people.
If that excites you, we can’t wait to meet.
You should have:
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- A solid academic track record
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken
- Strong empathy for others, particularly students
- Extremely high standards for attention to detail
- Passion for education
- Highly competitive salary, plus equity share options
- A fun, friendly, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup that's scaling
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, unlimited holidays (minimum 31 days)
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Send us your CV & tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone or video call to learn more about you, your goals and experience. You'll also be able to ask questions about Up Learn and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.