Maths Quiz Developer Intern
We’re looking for a highly motivated maths enthusiast to join our pioneering team of educators and take ownership of the quiz and assessment domain of our A Level Maths course.
At Up Learn, we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success or their money back. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot.
We’ve now raised over £2.5m from investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
As an Up Learn Maths Quiz Developer, you will be integrated straight into an ambitious project to deliver a world-class learning experience for A Level Maths students.
You’ll be writing original, varied quizzes and exam questions that stretch and challenge students, helping them to internalise concepts and think creatively. Your comprehensive testing and crystal clear explanations will equip students with the tools, experience and confidence to master the subject and ace their exams.
You will receive quality feedback and training from our experienced Course Leads, allowing you to develop effective questioning techniques, and will be responsible for quality control of the final product on our website.
This is a chance to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students, while working in a friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to shape new and existing systems in our rapidly growing company.
- Extremely strong command of A Level Maths (particularly Statistics and Mechanics), demonstrated by an outstanding academic record.
- Either deep familiarity with the Edexcel A Level Maths curriculum and the styles, difficulty and wording of exam questions, or an A* in Edexcel A Level Maths
- Natural curiosity in mathematics that inspires imaginative, original questions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passionate about education.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Prior teaching or tutoring experience; an ability to anticipate the types of difficulties students are likely to encounter.
- Length: 6 months (with potential for extension)
- Flexible working hours (40 hour working week)
- Salary: £1200 per month
- Location: our AWESOME office in Shoreditch (London)
How To Apply
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Send us your CV and tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for the role.
- If you’re a good fit, we’ll send you a couple of question briefs to have a go at.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]
Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. When the position is filled, applications will be closed