Come and reinvent education.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our audio team, recording audio for Up Learn courses. Work will be done on a freelance basis, and no previous professional audio experience is required.
At Up Learn, we guarantee students academic success or their money back. Up Learn provides the entire curriculum learning component of education, and if we’re successful we’ll eliminate the need for exams and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot.
We’ve now raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
You’ll be responsible for recording audio to accompany the animated videos that make an Up Learn course. Audio follows a pre-written script, and doesn’t necessarily require knowledge of the subject, only enthusiasm and the desire to deliver the best possible learning experience for Up Learn students.
You should have a genuine interest in audio recording and in improving the educational experience of thousands of students across the country. The prospect of producing audio for a top-class A-level course should excite you.
We are building the most advanced education technology company in the world, pushing the frontiers of effective education, and having a tangible impact on thousands of young people.
If that excites you, get in touch.
What you’ll be doing
- Recording audio for Up Learn courses.
- Regularly interacting with the Head of Audio to ensure that the audio you are producing is of the highest possible quality, and more importantly, that you’re enjoying the role!
- Recording around 15-20 scripts per week (at your own pace, and on a freelance basis).
- Interacting with Up Learn’s audio editors to make necessary changes to audio files and to notify them when you have audio that needs to be edited.
You should have:
- A strong academic background.
- An interest in audio and audio recording.
- An interest in improving the educational experiences of thousands of students across the country.
- Extremely high standards for attention to detail, and an ability to quality-control your own work.
- The ability to manage your own time, and ensure that work is completed by agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in using systems such as Google Sheets and Google Docs, and in keeping files organised and easily accessible.
- Competitive pay
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Professional training
- Work with other exceptional teachers and tutors and a professional production team to bring your content to life
Actual hiring process
- Send us your CV and a no-nonsense, no-waffle bullet point cover letter. Tell us why you’re applying and why you.
- If you’re a good fit, we’ll send you a couple of scripts to have a go at.
- We’ll invite you for a 2-hour in-house training session, where the audio process will be fully explained, and you’ll receive feedback on the scripts you recorded.
- You’ll go away and record ~15 scripts, to get a sense of what a weekly workload may feel like.
- You’ll have one final 2-hour in-house session, where any more questions can be ironed out, and you’ll be introduced to the team.