Our schools are broken. Teachers sacrifice real education for exam preparation, while students are left overworked and disappointed with their results.
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential.
Last year, 100% of the students who completed our course in A Level Economics achieved A or A* grades, with some starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us.
We’ve now raised two and a half million pounds to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to 2 million new students every year.
We’re looking for ambitious educators, and smart creatives, to build exceptional educational content that will forge the future of the UK’s education system.
Watch our video here
As a Learning Executive, your work will be at the heart of Up Learn. In your first year, you will:
- Learn how to use cognitive science and instructional theory to create the most effective learning experience in the world
- Learn a new A Level subject
- Research what it takes to get 100% in that subject's exam
- Design the curriculum for an Up Learn course that will guarantee any student an A* in that subject
- Script interactive video lessons that teach and inspire students and instil a passion for their subject
- Ensure content is accurate and complete, by working with data, researchers, students, academic experts, and professional teachers
- Manage a global team of subject experts, animators, graphic designers, recording artists, audio engineers and freelance tutors, to bring your content to life
- You’ve repeatedly turned failure into success, for others or yourself
- Your academic track record is near flawless
- You're an outstanding communicator
- You believe anyone can learn anything, and want to help students achieve remarkable exam results
- You have strong empathy for others, particularly students
- Your hunger to learn is insatiable; you are not satisfied until you understand a concept so well, that you can explain it to anyone
- You have meticulous writing skills, and are comfortable writing hundreds of thousands of words to complete a course
- You seek out ways to improve your work, view all well-intentioned criticism as information, and are comfortable working in an extremely high-frequency feedback culture
- You can work with colleagues towards a common goal, without ego
- You've been a leader, whilst at school, university or professionally
- You are comfortable being held responsible for the work of others, and the success of the company
- You're passionate about education and want to be part of an ambitious project with the potential to change the lives of millions of people
- You're ready to prepared to rapidly learn and adapt, working at one of the fastest growing educational technology companies in the world
- Highly competitive remuneration: £40-55k + profit share + equity share options, with opportunity for this to increase as we grow
- Influence, trust and impact, inside a well-funded, VC backed startup, that's scaling - fast
- A high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- An excellent working environment in Old Street, London
- Professional training in effective teaching and how to produce world-leading content
- Extensive investment in your future, and personal development
- The chance to define the future of education...
- To immediately make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- And to develop your ability to rapidly learn and adapt, working at a company that is pushing the frontiers of learning
If this sounds like it's for you, we can't wait to hear from you!
Send us your CV and fill in our short application form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]
Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. When all positions are filled, applications will be closed.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
Stage 1: Send us your CV, along with a few words on why you’re exceptional, and complete our 250-word explanation challenge
Stage 2: We’ll invite you for a video interview to learn more about you, your goals and experience
Stage 3: We provide feedback on your 250 word explanation, and will ask you to process that feedback to create a more effective version of your original explanation
Stage 4: We’ll invite you to an assessment day, where you will meet the team, start to learn how we think, and spend the day working as a Learning Executive
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.