Our schools are broken. Teachers sacrifice real education for exam preparation, while students are left overworked and disappointed with their results.
At Up Learn we use AI and neuroscience to ensure every student can achieve an A*, regardless of their background. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential.
Last year, 100% of the students who completed our course in A Level Economics achieved A or A* grades, with some starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us.
We’ve now raised half a million pounds to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to 2 million new students every year.
We’re looking for the ambitious educators, to create exceptional educational content that will forge the future of your subject and the UK’s education system.
Watch our video here
As a Learning Executive, your work will be at the heart of Up Learn. In the first few months, you will:
- Shape the curriculum and specification mapping for your chosen A Level subject
- Script, present and create interactive video lessons that teach and inspire students and instil a passion for their subject
- Work with a professional production team to bring your content to life
- Learn how to use cognitive science to produce the most effective learning content in the world
- Ensure content is accurate and complete by working with students, other Content Specialists and analytics data on the effectiveness of materials
- Develop your ability to rapidly learn and adapt, working at one of the fastest growing educational technology companies in the world
- You’ve repeatedly turned failure into success, for others or yourself
- Your academic track record is near flawless
- You're an outstanding communicator
- You have experience explaining your subject to a lay audience
- You know how to help students achieve remarkable exam results
- You have strong empathy for others, particularly students
- You have a hunger for learning, and meticulous writing skills
- You've been a leader, whilst at school, university or professionally
- You're passionate about education and want to be part of an ambitious project with the potential to have an impact on millions of people
- You value an extremely high quality team
Highly competitive remuneration: £40-55k + profit share + equity share options
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well-funded startup that's scaling - fast
- A high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- An excellent working environment in our office in Farringdon, London
- Professional training on effective teaching and how to produce world-class content
- Develop your ability to rapidly learn and adapt, working at a company that is pushing the frontiers of learning
If this sounds like it's for you, we can't wait to hear from you!
Send us your CV and fill in our short application form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]
Deadline: We are accepting applications for all subjects on a rolling basis. When all positions are filled, applications will be closed.
Our hiring process:
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV, along with a few words on why you’re exceptional, and complete our 250-word explanation challenge
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute conversation on Skype to learn more about you, your goals and experience
3. We’ll invite you to a trial day, where you’ll work together with our team to develop awesome educational content
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.