Come and reinvent education.
We’re looking for a highly motivated entrepreneurial individual to work with our Head of Operations, focusing on implementing structures and systems to ensure Up Learn operates as effectively as possible.
At Up Learn, we guarantee students academic success or their money back. Up Learn provides the entire curriculum learning component of education, and if we’re successful we’ll eliminate the need for exams and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot.
We’ve now raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS
- You’ll help manage the content production operation outputting some of the most effective learning content in the world
- You’ll act as a link between a team of over 60 content creators and the Head of Operations
- You’ll help build a cutting edge technology company from its foundations
- You’ll refine the structure of the organisation to empower every individual to produce their best possible work
- You’ll focus on maximizing productivity, encouraging high performance and eliminating day-to-day inefficiencies
- You’ll work with the Head of Operations to architect all areas of the business into scalable systems
- You’ll give visibility and insights based on data to enable and empower the team to succeed
- You’ll develop your ability to rapidly learn and adapt, working at a company that is pushing the frontiers of learning
You’ll be working with the Head of Operations, responsible for managing a content production operation with over 60 people, and you’ll help build the systems and procedures that will allow us to scale infinitely.
You have meticulous attention to detail and love consistent results and processes. Inefficiency frustrates you. You have a scientific and engineered approach; you like testing and exploring before then focusing, systematising and innovating.
We are building the most advanced education technology company in the world, pushing the frontiers of effective education, and having a tangible impact on thousands of young people.
If that excites you, let’s meet.
You should have:
- A solid academic track record
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken
- Extremely high standards for attention to detail
- Experience identifying operational improvements, sizing these opportunities, and developing strategies to implement them
- Organisational, project and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Excellent analytical ability and command of the tools (spreadsheets, potentially data analysis software/programming languages) necessary to structure and analyse raw data
- Highly competitive salary, plus equity share options
- A fun, friendly, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup that's scaling
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, unlimited holidays (minimum 31 days)
Our hiring process:
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone or video call to learn more about you, your goals and experience. You'll also be able to ask questions about Up Learn and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.